Areas of expertise
DR EVA POTOCKA, Ph.D.
- 1963 – 1969 Faculty of Medicine, University in Kosice, General Medicine Doctor
- 1973 Specialist in Surgery
- 1982 Specialist in Plastic Surgery
- 1988 Ph.D. (Malignant Melanomas)
- 1969 – 1973 Resident of Surgery, General Hospital, Presov
- 1973 – 1982 Resident of Plastic Surgery, University Hospital, Kosice
- 1982 – 2006 Specialist and consultant of Plastic Surgery, University Hospital, Kosice
- 1996 – 2006 University teacher of plastic surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University in Kosice
- Since 2006 Privat practice – plastic surgery
- 1969 – 1973 secondary physician at General Hospital in Presov
- 1973 – 1976 secondary surgeon at Teaching Hospital in Kosice
- 1983 Assisted with the very first liposuction in Czechoslovakia
- 1976 – 1996 senior surgeon and consultant at Teaching Hospital in Kosice
- 1993 – 1996 part-time teacher at University of Medicine of P.J. Safarika in Kosice
- 1996 - 2006 surgeon and part-time professional teaching consultant at the Teaching Hospital of University of Medicine of P.J. Safarika in Kosice
- Since 2/2006 Plastic Surgeon in Private Practice.
BOOK YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
Consultation are free and you are under no obligation
METHODS USED IN PRACTICE
- Reconstruction of navel by „Coco Chanel“ method
- Gradual reconstructions of extensive defects by ten various kinds of musculocutaneous folds.
- Breast Reduction with bottom stem.
- Transplantation of cartilage of nasal septum while reconstruction of lower eye lid.
- Stitching up of strips of Mimical muscles at aesthetic facial surgery.
- Own method of cryo-fixation of malignant melanoma, cryo-destruction of keloids and use of cryo-spray in correction of skin surface.
ACTIVITIES AT THE HOSPITAL
- Monitoring of contagious diseases
- Dietetic doctor
- Consultant for Transfusions
- Fiduciary of trade unionists
- Inspector of safety at work place
- Consultant for Medical Students
- Many of Graduates of the University who were trained by Potocka Eva, MD. work as successful surgeons in Micro-surgery in Slovakia and abroad.
- 2004 - Bronze Price for Development of Slovak Medical Association
- 1989 – Price of KNV for doctors and research workers for introduction and development of cryo- methods in therapy and surgery within East of Slovakia
- 1977 – Price of Professional Organization for the Best Publication of the Year
ACTIVITIES IN SCIENCE
- 1980 – 1985 Task in a research of problems caused by malignant melanoma
- 1974 – 1984 Resort research “Problems of cheiloschisis”
- 1980 – 1985 Clinical tests of new Cryocauter developed in VUSE Prague – Bechovice
- 1988 – Monitoring of clinical effects of mono-chemotherapy in therapy of advanced malignant melanoma according to WHO.
- 2004 – Mediation of professional short-term attachment of a resident of Mexico at II. Clinic of Surgery FNLP in Kosice
- 1976 – Co-founder of the Regional Melanom´s Commission
- Full registration with Slovak Medical Council
- Slovak Medical Chamber
- Slovak Medical Association
- Slovak Association of General Surgery
- Slovak Association of Hand Surgery
- Slovak Association of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery
- Czech Association of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery of J.E. Purkyne
CERTIFICATES OF ATTENDANCE
- 05/1994 – XXXIII. East Slovakian Medical days in High Tatras
- 05/1998 – Czech National Symposium with International Participation on Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- 09/1998 – Live Laser Course and Live Surgery Conference of Hellenic Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery in Athens, Greece
- 03/1999 – II. Slovak National Conference about Education of Medical Practitioners
- 1999 - 3. Slovak Congress of Association of Hand Surgery
- 05/2000 – Workshop of Slovak Association of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery, Slovak Medical Chamber and Department of Plastic Surgery of General Hospital in Nitra
- 06/2001 – Workshop of Czech Association of Aesthetic surgery, Czech Association of Corrective Dermatology – Section of Laser Aesthetic surgery
- 02/2002 – Congress of the Art Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery of the Face and Skull in Vienna
- 10/2002 – International Congress of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery – Demjen´s Day
- 09/2003 – IV. Slovak National Congress of Hand Surgery, National symposium of Plastic Surgery – Demjen´s Day
- 10/2003 – 6th Pan-Hellenic Congress of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery in Athens
- 05/2004 – National Congress of Plastic Surgeons
- 10/2004 – International Congress of
- 11/2004 – VIII. Chemotherapeutical days of Kosice
- 10/2005 – Congress of Plastic Surgery, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery – Demjen´s day
- 09/2005 – 10th Congress ESPRAS 2005 Vienna
Author of around 20 publications focused in research and therapy of patients with malignant melanoma and cosmetic surgery, of which some are:
- 1986 – Pierre Robin Syndrom, Acta Plast. Surg. 19,3,1977
- 1981 – Experiences with applying of low temperature in Plastic Surgery, Anthology of II. Conference of Cryo - surgery as application of low temperatures
- 1991 – Plastic Surgery in terms of Cancer Diseases in older age. Collection of work presented at VI. Scientific Conference UEMLF UPJS in Kosice with international participation.
- 1997 – Gynecomasty by the Aspect of Plastic Surgery
Tel: 0800 206 1568