What to really expect immediately after your surgery
However, there are several guidelines which are general and following them is definitely a good idea.
- Firstly, you must make sure your medical team is professional, talk to your medical center representative, your surgeon, any stuff you come in touch with. In the New Look Holiday, you will have a free consultation with your surgeon and you will be informed about your aesthetic surgery. All your questions will be answered in detail. You can have a look at the medical center premises and see where your surgery will take place.
- Pain after surgery is a normal phenomenon. You will be given painkillers to relieve the pain. However, the pain can not be eliminated totally in some cases and after major procedures, such as breast implants or tummy tuck as these procedures affect larger amount of tissues and may have greater impact on your pain threshold. Clients may perceive greater pain on the first day after their procedure, even on the next two days. Later on, the pain levels are dramatically decreased.
- Age and overall medical conditions play a crucial role in the recovery period. Tell your doctor/surgeon if you have any medical problems, such as heart or lung disease, diabetes, drug allergies and if you take any medicine regularly. Your fitness and lifestyle are important too, it is recommended to give up smoking 3-4 weeks before your cosmetic surgery and not to smoke for another 3-4 weeks after your surgery. Smoking and the chemicals inhaled may influence the surgery results. Smokers are more likely to have problems with incision healing process, as well as blood flow and heart rate is affected by smoking. Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited shortly before and after the procedure.
- Little assistance may do you good – have a caregiver. You may find it difficult to be on your own and look after yourself after the procedure. Ask your relatives or friends to lend you a helping hand for a few days after your surgery. Even an everyday and ordinary activity can be a problem on the first days.
- Don’t drink or eat before your procedure – As most of the procedures are performed under general anesthesia, it can cause vomiting during or after your surgery. Vomiting can be dangerous as it causes choking and other side effects.
- Quick recovery – The sooner you get out of your bed and start moving around, eating, etc., the sooner you recover. Of course, do these steps carefully and gently, one by one. Physical activity also helps prevent blood clots as long lying in bed may cause your blood to pool in your legs. Therefore moving or at least doing some leg exercise helps a lot.
- Discharge – at this point of your surgery, you will be given important advice on your aftercare (wounds, exercise, eating, etc.). It is also the last check up before you leave the medical center.
In case you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask us. The New look Holiday takes each of you as our most important client. We will be with you during all the procedure and give you what you need.
BOOK YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
Consultation are free and you are under no obligation